|Date Posted||January 8, 2019|
Reporting to (Line manager): Workshop Controller
- Diagnose and repair vehicles brought to the dealership for service or repair.
- Conduct quality checks on work performed
- Perform scheduled maintenance
2. Responsibilities and Authority:
- Must have thorough repair knowledge of Engine, Electrical, Transmission, Suspension, Steering, Heater / Air conditioning system, Brakes, Axle’s, and Drive line items.
- All the services must be performed right the first time itself, within the specified time.
- Inform the Supervisor of the diagnosis done, repairs required and the estimated cost.
- Working knowledge of English language and basic computer knowledge is a Must.
- Complete repairs within the specified times
- Advise Service Writer of diagnosis, needed repairs, and cost estimate
- Advice Service Writer when additional work is needed on a customer’s vehicle
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other dealership personnel
- Maintain cooperative relationship with fellow Technicians and parts personnel
- Provide Service Writers with accurate reports of time and work
- Maintain dealership equipment to ensure good working order
- Conserve shop supplies as appropriate
- Meet or exceed that flat-rate time allowance
- Follow safety rules and regulations
- Keep work area neat, clean and organized all times
- Keep tools clean
- Wear proper protective gear
- Keep up to date latest technical service bulletins, etc.
- Attend factory training
- Attend additional technical training as necessary
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Complete time cards according to dealership policy
- Collect all necessary information before requesting parts
- Complete all finished Repair Order and return them to the Service Department
- Accurately and neatly indicate work completed and time spent on the Repair Order
- Properly tag all warranty parts
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with Service Writer
- Keep all equipment in good working order
- Advise Service Manager regarding new equipment or equipment in need of repair
- Maintain tools
- Minimum 2 years GCC experience within Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda
- Demonstrable technical ability and the desire to grow professionally within the role
- Good communication skills and the ability to maintain a close working relationship with parts personnel and Service Writers